Monday, June 16, 2008

So this is blogging?

They call me url for a reason. Though I work at one of the biggest technology companies, I am not a very tech-savvy person. But, hey, I learned how to use email and surf the net (a little late...but still much quicker than my grandmother), so this blogging thing can't be that hard, right?

And, a captive audience is kind of neat...at least it's cheaper than therapy...

So, who am I? I'm just a girl with a pen or in this case a keyboard. I would describe myself as one part sweet, one part misanthropic (thanks Christina, it stuck), two parts neurotic, and three parts pretty darn smart. I have a good life. I am getting married to an amazing man, have two wonderful parents and a fabulous and I do mean fabulous dog, Izzy. She's snoring behind me as I type.

What else...I used to tell people I was from Flatbush...why you might ask? It's because I've always wanted to be a New Yorker (hey Barbra Streisand was born there which makes it cool in my book). I was actually born in Sacramento, but that doesn't sound as interesting. Some might call this lying, I call it creative license. But, New York does live in my veins, much to the horror of my fiance who abhors the big Apple. Anyway, that's why I'll be signing my posts Sohogirl...see now you get me. Even though I don't live there on a daily basis, NY feels like home to me when I'm there. I love the artiness of Soho and if I were to have a second home it would be in Manhattan. For now I settle for occasional trips...

1 comment:

Christina. said...

You have a perfect start. You complicated mix of east and west and love and hate, you. I look forward to updates.

Seriously.